Students often want to sit together to enjoy the event even more. We will assign seats to the students unless a request has been made. If the student doesn't have an escort and doesn't mind meeting new people we will assign seating for them. There is an additional costs for seat reservations. Select this when you checkout and you will be contacted in March to arrange seating.
- Be prepared for the dance. We offer dance lessons every Thursday evening at 404 Main Place in Azle following our homeschool Bible Studies. Leave shyness at home and learn to dance. It's a way to give and brighten someone's day. Dancing is like any other skill. You take lessons and practice. You will be surprised how fast you can learn to dance and enjoy yourself. Learn how to dance Swing, Waltz, Cha cha, Two Step.
- If you have never danced before, we will have Contra Dancing as a part of this Prom. This is dancing in groups following the directions of a Dance Caller. For some Contra Dancing you stay with the same partner and for others you change partners throughout the dance. These are fun and they involve everyone who wants to participate in them.
- Line Dances are taught at our dance lessons, usually at 6pm on Thursday evenings at 404 Main Place in Azle. We go over the line dances we do at the dances. If you need help learning them, this is the time to learn them. We will go over them briefly during the dance but it's more fun to learn them ahead of time.
- Dance etiquette: Be polite and always consider the feelings of the person asking you to dance. The right thing to do is to say yes to someone who asks you to dance at least once. We encourage young men to ask different girls to dance so everyone enjoys the event. Escort your partner by the arm to the dance floor and when the dance is finished escort your partner back to their table. No holding hands when escorting a partner to the dance floor or off the dance floor. No PDA allowed (Read the Code of Conduct)
- Crowd mixer: We will have a crowd mixer to help the students meet new people. If you come with an escort, be polite and dance with that person but don't feel you can't ask anyone else. Have fun and let your escort dance with others as well.
- Ladies Choices: In the program, we have some songs/dances designated as Ladies Choices so the girls can ask the boys to dance.